13A- Book Reflection 1

            • Book Reflection: Steve Jobs


  • What surprised you the most?
What surprised me the most in this autobiography was that he practiced Buddhism and used LSD's, and he was still a very short tempered person. For someone to practice and use these calming tools, and still be short tempered, rude and an "in your face" type of guy, takes a very unique individual.

  • What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
What I most admire about Steve Jobs is his relentless attention to detail and his confidence. Although I believe on several occasions he was over-confident, a certain level of self-belief is required to be an entrepreneur. Furthermore, Steve Jobs' insatiable desire to perfect detail, demonstrates to me a a personal attachment to his product, which I believe is paramount for any entrepreneur who is selling a product.

  • What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
What I least admire about Steve Jobs has to be his childish tantrums that he would exhibit when he didn't get what he wanted. Although I agree that string opinions and personal attachments are crucial in developing and selling a product, not being able to listen to other opinions and incapable of compromise and partaking in other ideas. 

  • Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
Steve Jobs was actually fired from apple. After being fired by apple he created his own company called neXT, where he implemented all of his ideas on his own. 
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? 
Steve Jobs, in almost everything he attempted to make regarding technology, was done at the highest. Throughout the book, the author alluded to Steve Jobs' ability to "bend reality" constantly. In order to exhibit the success and level of competency, a desire to bend reality must be be present. His fixation on detail and perfection is what led him to be arguable the greatest entrepreneur/innovator in history. 
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
What confused me about the reading was when Jobs refused to accept CEO position at apple after he came. Although I understand that maybe it was a pride situation, but i'm curious if there was another motive. One probably being that he was trying find and teach his next successor.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask Jobs what drove him to relentlessly pursue his vision and how he informed himself and identified the future. I would ask him these questions in order pinpoint what gives him the extra push to not quit and how he informed himself on a specific market the way he did.
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I feel that hard work came natural to Steve Jobs. The fixation that he had in his product is what he displayed to his employees. Obsession is something Steve Jobs displayed and inflicted on his employees. I feel like I share this opinion because I can become obsessive with personal goals of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22A

Blog Post 4

15A