21A


How to fail at almost everything and still win big, By scott adams


What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The General theme of this book was hope. This book provided several examples and argument that highlighted the importance of Energy Maintenance, Systems and uplifting mentalities. These along with realistic mindsets, really provided a motivating base to the book that I really enjoyed.

How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book definitely enhanced the aspect of patience and time. What I have gathered from this course up to this point is that information on your product, delivery and patience are crucial to success. In the book the author illustrates luck and the creating of systems and patterns that can overall guarantee success. This success can be achieved via preparation and taking risks that one is most comfortable with.

If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
An exercise that I would design for this based on the book I read would involve self reflection. I would ask the class to write down a list of thigs that they are not comfortable with, then a list of opportunities that they can recall in their lives, that they failed to make the most of, and finally, I would ask them to think of some day to day goals that they could set for their businesses.


What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
I have always been a long term goal individual. If I could self analyze who I am as a person, I would say that I am an individual who gives up on things before I reach the end. Throughout this book, Scott Adams highlighted that it is how you bounce back and how you set day to day goals for yourself. When it comes to long term goals, the daily tasks could be grueling and depressing. I really learned to take each day as a way to succeed in something.

Comments

  1. Hey Mauro,

    I also ready Adams book. I liked the different perspective you have from Will and me. Especially with the assignment you created. This class is not always about business and I loved your Idea. A self reflection on failures and goals is a perfect idea to get us to learn about ourselves better. I am happy that your perspective on yourself changed and that you can just take it one day at a time. Amazing Post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22A

Blog Post 4

15A