25A
Existing Market
For my current business idea, I feel that doing more research
and looking into current tutoring businesses. I feel that reaching out and
seeking help would be very important for me and my company, while also taking
time to analyze high schoolers and their behavior to figure out what works
best.
For this assignment I decided to interview my sister and my other
close friend who are both in high school. They both struggle massively with the
SAT and said they feel that they don’t have time to study because of their
coursework. Both are part of AP and dual enrollment course and are working into
attending the University of Florida one day. They are both really worried and don’t
feel its natural or healthy to feel the amount of stress that they feel. They have
tried personal tutors but feel that they don’t even have time for that. They
wish a service like mine existed due to how difficult it is to manage time.
The third person I interviewed was my mom. She said that she
is scared for my sister, she also wishes that she could get more effective
tutors. In her opinion the price that I presented to her was more than fair.
She said that she pays more for the tutors now then 20$ a month. She really
enjoyed the overall idea and my target audience.
The feedback that I received were mostly positive. I feel
that I am heading in the right track and ca really pursue this fully. After more
tests and deciding what works best for students, I feel that this could be
something special.
In the first year I plan on developing more knowledge on
opening a facility like this one. I plan on reaching out to current tutoring
companies and asking as many questions as I can in order to prepare myself as
best I can.
New Market
A current market different form the one I am trying to target,
would be the food market.
Once again, I feel like my experience in the food industry would
serve me well. I currently work for Bartaco and have been in close contact to
the people that work in the corporation. I’ve had a firsthand experience on what
it takes to be successful and how to reach out to both suppliers and the
customers. I feel that my knowledge and
first hand experience would aid me tremendously.
I interviewed my current manager and the vice president of
expansion of bartaco. They though my idea was creative and that the important
thing that I identified was a target audience. They agreed that there isn’t anything
like my idea on the market and gave me some very welcomed advice. They both
stated that with whatever I want to do, I should know more about the business
than anyone else.
At first, I was really apprehensive telling them my current business
venture. I felt scared of failure and disapproval and though twice before
interviewing them. They seemed to really enjoy my idea after I presented it to
them and gave me good advice.
It was very good to get valuable advice from people who know
what it takes to succeed in an industry. Persistence and knowledge are the main
things that I gathered from both interviews. I Still feel like I need more experience
and overall hand on practice with their advice. My communicating skills need
work and my overall plan needs to be revised and tested before I could get the
success I desire for my idea.
Comments
Post a Comment