26
In this
semester I have experienced quite a bit of failure. A notable failure that I can
recall occurred in the beginning of the course. On the first elevator pitch, to
my personal opinion, I feel like I submitted the worst elevator pitch on YouTube.
After submitting that link to Dr. Pryor, I felt not only embarrassed, but
deeply upset at my failure to produce a good video. What I submitted was poorly
explained, thought out, and executed. The level of awkwardness that I displayed
in that video was alarming and truly a massive failure. As the assignments rolled
along, I feel that the quality in the rest of the pitches got increasingly
better. With more time, experience, and knowledge on my business, I was able to
put forward a respectable submission in my opinion.
Emotionally
I feel that I handle failure pretty poorly. I generally try to improve, but
ultimately end up giving up when things get too hard. Failure for me is emotionally
taxing. It takes up a lot of time and the thought of failure lingers in my head
for long periods of time. This course in particular has thought me that failure
is a mindset and that every no is a potential yes. This phrase has rejuvenated my
hope and has taught me to be persistent and accept/welcome criticism and
feedback. With that said I feel that I am really prepared to take risks and bet
on myself and my ideas.
Comments
Post a Comment