27A
What was the general theme or argument of the
book?
The General theme of this book was persistence
and risk taking. Throughout the biography, Ashlee Vance provided a litany of occurrences
of Elon musk and his brave business ventures. From the selling of paypal to the
creation of Space X, Elon musk had a vision and definitely capitalized on the opportunities
presented to him.
How did the book, in your opinion, connect
with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book definitely enhanced the aspect of taking
risks. I feel that reading this book put an emphasis on the concept of taking
advantage of needs and opportunities presented. What I have gathered from this
course up to this point is that information on your product, delivery and
patience are crucial to success. In the book the author illustrates calculated
risks and converting dreams into reality.
If you had to design an exercise for this
class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
An exercise that I would design for this based
on the book I read would involve risk taking. I would ask the class to think of
the their comfort zone. After deeply thinking of what they are comfortable with
in terms of spending, investing and their overall idea, I would ask them to envision
the rewards to their risk.
What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment
when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most
from your expectations?
I have always been a long term goal
individual. If I could self analyze who I am as a person, I would say that I am
an individual who gives up on things before I reach the end. Throughout this
book, Ashlee Vance highlighted that Elon musk is a the representation of persistence
and intelligence in wat your passionate about. Just the fact that he began with
a small company that became really big today, which he sold, and he used that
liquidation to invest and heads the biggest corporations on the planet today is
alarming and inspirational. The story of Elon Musk speaks for itself and I recommend
every entrepreneur read it.
Comments
Post a Comment